So, with our Europe trip merely a few hours away, I figured I should probably blog some sort of transition blog between our last blog and the mobile blogs we anticipate doing across the pond. Best way to do it, why not do a bulleted list. I'll do it as utilitarian as I can, who cares for entertainment value anymore...it's about information! Ha...well here goes...in no particular order:
- Debbie's long-delayed shuttle flight finally took off! Two weeks straight of overnight shifts accompanied the flight. In that two week span, we didn't get to see each other very much, or talk that much. When we went out to dinner the first back-to-normal evening, it was like we hadn't seen each other in forever...which it had been!
- Softball started! Last summer I started filling in for a team down in Clear Lake, which turned from a part-time role to a full-time role late in the Fall. This season I've joined a new team and games have kicked off! We are 4-4 so far, with late games tonight. The plan was to miss these games with our impending trip tomorrow, but I got all my chores done early and justified accepting to play tonight! I have homered in my first at bat in the last two games...let's see if I prolong that streak tonight, or go down striking out (because I'll be swinging for the fence)! Pearland Softball kicks off next week, so two nights a week (once we return) will be filled with my favorite rec activity!
- Roma's getting into trouble. Yes, Roma...the blog was on a road to being renamed Roma and Kitty, with Deb and I as mere supporting characters. Anyways...got word Roma was not behaving with the big dogs at day care. Apparently she decided she was going to become an adolescent (which our calculations peg her as right now) and she'd start rough housing...the funny thing is, she still knows when she's doing something wrong, as she still listens to her commands. It's kind of like at home, often times she'll push our patience, especially when her and kitty are playing, until one of us send her to her kennel for timeout.
- Trip planning...it's been long and tedious...but we are definitely ready. Aside from a few hiccups that will undoubtedly cause issues in translation, such as, "the credit card these tickets are reserved under was stolen, so this is our new card." We are ready though, we still have the stolen cards to present. Cross your fingers on this one...otherwise we might be walking from Munich to Paris! Ha!
- Overnight in the hospital...not quite what it sounds like. I have an ongoing job at a nearby 24/7 hospital/clinic and due to their constraints, we weren't allowed to do our testing during normal business hours. We set up containment rooms which included plastic sheathing on the floors, walls, and ceilings...it was very Dexter-like.
- Opening Day is coming! Houston's opening day is on April 8th...woohoo...going to make this 5 years in a row attending the Astros opening day. I wish I were able to be in Cleveland this year, it's going to be the year they win it all! HA. Hopefully after we get back I have time to put together my sham predictions for the upcoming MLB season.
(Next stop Paris, Brussels, Frankfurt, and more! Goodbye!)