Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Did we find Roma's mom? The verdict is out...

So last Thursday when I was arriving at McLean Park in Pearland, just before my softball games, I spotted something that caught my attention.  It was a black dog, relatively close in size, color, and walk.  (The "walk" is also her "prance," Roma is big on acting all prissy.) 

To give a little back story as to why I got so intrigued, during one of Roma's many visits to the vet, a woman came up to me saying Roma looked exactly like her sister's dog.  We spoke and everything about them made it seem like they could possibly be sisters.  I didn't see any pictures, but the descriptions were spot on.  They were both rescued around the same time, similar sizes then and now, both found in the Houston Hobby area...but we didn't exchange info, it was just one of those things. 


Sorry for it being blurry...
 But on Thursday, I got to thinking, is that her sister??  It was kind of creepy, but I got my car parked, slipped on the shoes and ran after the girl walking her dog.  Yeah, I had to approach it kind of like "hey I'm not a creep."  Oye...it was awkward.  Awkwardness aside, we started talking.  I explained that I had a dog that looked just like hers...  She proceeded to tell me her dog was about 2 years old, had one litter of dogs about a year ago just before her family adopted her.  They believed she was part Labradoodle and German Shepard, but they really didn't know. 

SO, based on what we know about Roma's history, age, siblings (possibly the one from the vet), and her possible mom, it all makes sense.  Granted we still don't know what Roma is, it's fun to speculate.  I really think Roma is related...perhaps when the weather cools down, my thumb heals, and Deb brings Roma out to the softball games again...we may have an encounter to talk more about.  For now, I guess, we really don't have anything to report...except my feeling that we found her mom!  But the verdict is out....

No comments:

Post a Comment