Monday, October 4, 2010

...and the MLB regular season ends, sadly...plus Postseason Predictions

It was another disappointing year for the Tribe.  I don't know what to really say as I can't say I saw much progress for the 2011 season.  They have talent, but they just need to learn how to put it together.  I'll touch on thier 2011 campaign next year when more is available...

Conversely for the Astros, they finished the year strong and have shown much to look forward to next year.  If they can make a few moves I think they have a shot at contending...

SO...back in April I made some big predictions...copied here:
Regular Season:
NL
Central - Cardinals (100-62)
East - Phillies (98-64)
West - Rockies (84-78)
Wild Card - Reds (88-74)
AL
Central - White Sox (94-68)
East - Rays (91-72)
West - Mariners (94-66)
Wild Card - Yankees (90-73)

Division Series:
NLDS: Rockies over Cardinals, Reds over Phillies
ALDS: White Sox over Yankees, Rays over Mariners

Championship Series:
NLCS: Reds over Rockies
ALCS: Rays over White Sox

World Series:
Rays over Rockies in 7 games...


Obviously they all can't work out.  The Mariners disappointed, as did the White Sox.  Rocktober didn't happen for the Rockies...  And those Cardinals just slumped down the stretch.  I was 4 for 8...so don't start taking my advice to Vegas!

But as it's baseball, here goes for the postseason:
NLDS: Phillies over Reds, Braves over Giants
NLCS: Braves over Phillies
ALDS: Rangers over Rays, Twins over Yankees
ALCS: Twins over Braves
World Series: Braves win in 6!

If this all works out...I can think of a whole lot of people that would be disappointed...especially my mom, one of the biggest anti-Braves fans out there!

Tribe all the way in 2011!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment