Sunday, July 19, 2009

50th Birthday, Wedding Stuff, & All Star Fanfest

Last weekend we headed up to St Louis to celebrate Debbie's mom and aunt's 50th birthday! Debbie and her sister did an amazing job planning, decorating, and more for the event! I'll leave the details and photos for Debbie to blog...

We also took care of wedding stuff, including doing our menu tasting for our reception. I think we were impressed by nearly all our preliminary selections...and narrowed it down to some great dishes. One more thing we took care of was our wedding cake fillings, icings, etc. I can't say I'll ever get to eat enough wedding cake!

Then on Sunday it seemingly was for me. We headed to the America's Center in downtown St Louis for the All Star Fanfest, part of the MLB All Star Game celebrations. There was so much there from Hall of Famer's signing autographs (like Harmon Killebrew and Tony Perez, for instance), a travelling HOF exhibit, interactive baseball games, and more. It was pretty sweet. We didn't have all day to spend there as we all head home that evening, but we got a few hours of fun in. We did the speed pitch (including Debbie, her cousins Robbie and Bryan, her aunt Pat, and myself). Debbie and Pat threw in the 30s and 40s, Bryan in the 50s, and Robbie and I in the 70s. I don't know where it came from, but somehow I still have 78 mph in my arm! That is off my once 89 mph throw from my high school days, but wasn't all that bad for my 27 year old arm.

Ditto to the wedding photos, the party photos, and now the Fanfest photos...Deb has them! She is off in Denver this weekend (remember this is our busy busy month!)... I did find one photo taken at the State Farm Homerun Derby exhibit, check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment