Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Beer A Mids Season 1 Coming to an End

This Thursday is the last week of my first season playing with the Beer-A-Mids. It's been a lot of fun so far, and playing close to home (in Pearland) is a much better than when I was out nearly in Katy! We have two more games to go but I don't know how the playoff picture is looking. Heck I can't recall our record!

Last week I had a good week, hitting my second homerun of the season. Oddly enough it would have been an out had they not called the previous homerun hit by our team a double! In our league only one homer is allowed per game, per team. Had they had the call correct, I would have been the third out of the inning...my three RBI's wouldn't have been there, and the next three runs later in the inning wouldn't have counted. The other team argued it later, but really...if they really were trying to be honest, they should have said the first one really WAS a homer!

All in all, it's been great thus far...

The funniest part of my stats is that I'm batting a robust 0.567 and that falls BELOW the team's average! I find that quite funny! This week I'm going to see what I can do about raising my average...singles, doubles, gap shots...anything! I'll keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment