Monday, September 7, 2009

What we eat...

With the wedding coming up Terence and I have both been trying to eat better. I somehow talked him into doing the South Beach Diet with me and his gym motivation has finally worn off on me :-)

So for two weeks it felt like all we ate was celery! This was the so called "Phase 1" and I think we both did well...here is a pic after grocery shopping one day. I have never bought so many fresh vegetables!
This obviously isn't all we eat, but this is the majority! We became pretty adventurous with recipes...aka Terence tried recipes that I found, like cauliflower mashed potatoes and shrimp scampi! Phase 2 is now in full swing and the more weeks that go on the better it gets and the more people I talk to about it the more I learn. Like cheese chips...just bake some low-fat shredded cheese on a baking stone and you've got chips for dipping that are Phase 1 friendly! Thanks Kristine! Oh and thank you Sam's Choice for your frozen stuffed chicken breasts!

Wish us luck in the next 4 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. I must say looking at that food just makes me sad...all I know is I'm eating pasta on October 9th, and all sorts of anti-diet food on the 10th! :-)

    ReplyDelete