Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers Day! And, dog park fun...

Firstly, I'd like to wish a special "Happy Fathers Day" to our dads...Donald and Larry. We owe a lot to our parents...so we dedicate this day to you all! Some photos from the wedding of us with our dads...


So...this morning I took Roma to the dog park so that she could stretch out her legs. Plus get her some social time, make friends, etc...we don't have kids, so this was my fathers day activities...spending it with Roma and Midnight!

Anyways, when we arrived there were two dogs leaving...and it ended up being just me and Roma. Not ideal, but it gave me time to work on my "fetch" training. She is good at fetch, but has a problem bringing it all the way back. Sometimes she runs and gets it, sprints back, and then goes left 30 yards. Or gets it and stops half way back...gets distracted...etc. Today was funny, we were doing great...and then it happened. I threw a long one and it bounced twice, with Roma hot on it's tail, and it landed in the garbage can! I was a solid 200 feet out and made a basket! Roma was just standing there dumbfounded not knowing what happened. She was looking back to me and was just frozen.

Surely enough, I got close...

...and confirmed, it was in the trash!

I found another ball and we continued...

Later in the day I took Roma for our typical summer 1.75 mile run. Because of the hell-like weather, our runs have really been shortened. Roma is black and absorbs the heat (not kidding, put her in the sun and she is like a hot potato!).

Anyways, birthday planning going on here...Deb's bday is on Tuesday! More on that later....

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed Father's Day with your furry girls! Watch the heat, it's keeping jumping bean Madison inside more lately. In fact, she just came in from running around outside and she' HOT! Tamara

    ReplyDelete