Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Florida Fun in the Sun

Let me just start out with...yes I'm still pale!

I went to Florida this past weekend to visit with my gal pals and Mickey Mouse. Leslie had signed up for her first 5K, so we all decided to run with her! After my cert party, I still wasn't feeling too awesome, but we all finished in the blazing Florida sun. Later we celebrated with my favorite ice cream ever, Moo's soft serve on the beach.

That night we went Kevin's new bar, the Broken Barrel Tavern, and I was amazed at the beer list. If you are in Fl, you HAVE to go here just for the beer list. Plus they have good bands, pool, and darts. Check it out... www.brokenbarreltavern.com, they even have my favorite (Duchesse De Bourgogne) on tap which is amazing because I couldn't even find in a bottle in the state of Texas up until a few months ago! Florida 1, Texas 0.

Then it was Disney time! We started out with breakfast at Chef Mickey's where all the characters visited our table while we ate mickey shaped waffles! We headed to Hollywood Studios (MGM) and then to Magic Kingdom. We missed out on a parade, but got to enjoy beautiful fireworks and there was hardly any wait for the rides! We stayed that night at the Pop Century resort, it was ehh, but had some cool decor. Next day was all about Animal Kingdom and Epcot. We got to Animal Kingdon early, so we could se emore animals on the Safari, and it was worth it. At Epcot we went on Soaring (only my 2nd time) and this ride is soo cool, even the waiting line was fun with interactive games! Epcot was really beautiful this time because of the Flower and Garden show that was going on, they host it every year in the Spring.

Here is my slide show of the weekend...hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment