Sunday, June 14, 2009

Busy weekend...started by a lot of smoke!

It was a busy weekend that started off quite eventful. Friday night Deb and I were making Pad Thai when the nonstick coating on our wok decided to burn up. It was a borderline fire full of smoke throughout our place! Some hot oil even spilled on the kitchen floor, courtesy of my evasive (and stupid), maneuvering of the wok. After an hour or so of fanning the place out, cleaning, etc...Deb and I went up to BJ's for dinner...we came home to an interior temp in the 80s and a lot of cleaning to do. I don't need to go into all the details, but we have eliminated (mostly) any hint of the smoke...except in some of the cabinets....

Saturday and Sunday were boring as Debbie had to work. In her words, "stupid shuttle," as it didn't launch. Had it launched, she would have only worked Saturday, but she ended up working both days...capped off by a 7am to 6pm day today. How great... I took care of wedding stuff (yup, me!) and honeymoon reservations yesterday and today. It was actually a lot of fun...Aaron let me borrow the first 4 seasons of The Office so I could watch them all again. I am into the third season as of now. It is soooo funny! I recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it!

Lastly, earlier in the week I emailed Hills Science Diet about Midnight's infamous stardom in their Feeding is Believing campaign. Well, they sent us the actual document! She is featured on two pages in the Oral Care pamphlet!!! Everywhere we go we are going to look for it and find more...that was pretty exciting!

All in all, it was a productive and funny (due to The Office), weekend. Had Deb been around it would have been even better...stupid shuttle. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment